Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to Reality

We went over to friends' house up in the mountains last weekend and we went skiing Sunday. It is great to get away and have some time with friends and family but it's not easy to come back to reality, especially when it comes to planning meals. This week, I find myself with not much time to get to the store and having to plan meals around what I have in the house.

Part of me finds that very disturbing but another part finds it quite refreshing in the sense that I will have to use my imagination and the food we have in order to plan quick and healthy meals.

Tonight, we had scrambled eggs served over a grilled english muffin. I added some grated cheese on the eggs and put them under the broiler for a minute. My husband and I had sauteed spinach with the eggs. Served with a salad or veggies, a nice healthy dinner ready in a flash.

The rest of the week will be a series of improvised meals. I know I have chicken breasts in the freezer, rice and pasta, everything to make a quick tomato sauce, chicken broth, beans, eggs and vegetables. I can make chicken with rice and brocoli. I can probably prepare a soup. We can have pasta and I am pretty sure we could have a sandwich night.

It might be a challenge this week, but I know we can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment